We regularly work with professional sub-contractors who are qualified and efficient in performing their services. Their knowledge, skill and professionalism are a vital resource, and we are deeply committed to maintaining strong working relationships that ultimately lead to our mutual success and to the success of our customers. Through extensive collaboration, BUILD NOW PAY LATER (BNPL) continues to deliver successful projects ensuring satisfied clients and valued repeat business for both BNPL and our subcontractors.
Our success as a builder is only possible with the support of great project partners (subcontractors like you). We take pride in our ability to assemble the best teams for our clients using highly-skilled and qualified subcontractors that share our commitment to quality and craftsmanship. We deliver superior facilities that are a win for our clients and all stakeholders involved. We are constantly seeking new subcontractors for projects that require Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) services as well as Construction. We are committed to providing equal opportunity and long-term partnership mutual benefits for all subcontractors qualified to work on DCANS Developments projects.
We are a private company and part of The DCANS Group Limited (registered in England & Wales, but dual-headquartered in Ghana and the UK) and we are obviously private-funded via a cluster of strategic global partners and does not rely on public or bank funding to operate our business.
HOW IT WORKS
Once you qualify to be added to our database, we allocate a project to you (based on the information your provided via our onboarding form) for you to get back to us with your Bill of Quantities and all input costs. Once project costs are mutually agreed upon, we procure all materials and supplies needed to deliver the project to the level agreed and at a pre-agreed time, whilst also pre-financing workmanship costs for agreed milestones. This is obviously far better than Government of Ghana opaque procurement and/or contracts systems. No cost incurred with tender and delayed payments that come with statutory projects.
Works are currently available in six (6) regions of Ghana: Greater Accra Region, Eastern Region, Ashanti Region, Central Region and Western Region. Qualified Subcontractors are required to recruit and pay their own onsite employees and/or workers, and contribute to all applicable pensions for such workers.
• There are no upfront fees to list with us. [Note: You may incur costs with other third-parties to register your business, setup a website for your business and open a business bank account, if you don't have them already]
• You have an opportunity to get steady stream of jobs with timely payments for your registered business to enable you grow and provide sustainable employment for the unemployed.
• You have an opportunity to get more jobs coming your way based on positive reviews we get from clients' projects you work on for us.
• Opportunity to benefit from Existing Partner Loans and/or Investments to help you grow your business.
• We do not do Government of Ghana (GoG) Projects as a matter of company policy. This restriction will be reviewed as and when the payment of the state improves.
• No Project with us can start without funding being approved for. Once subcontractors start, assurance of payment is guaranteed.
• You benefit from current and future construction and real estate jobs via our property partners:
- 50,000 New Build Homes being built for sale between now and 2030 via DCANS Properties
- Works or Jobs related to both Residential / Domestic and Commercial Projects with Build Now Pay Later Ghana.
- Projects from Rent to Buy Ghana.
- Projects from Rent Now Pay Later.
- Ongoing renovation, repairs and maintenance works all of the above.
• Qualified Applicants should be able to read, write and understand basic English (or at least one person on your team) to follow simple instructions in project execution
• Must be computer literate and/or internet savvy (at least one person on your team) to comply with our technology-laden reporting requirements
• To qualify as a Subcontractor you obviously need to be a registered business as this is not for individual tradespeople or men. You must be a registered business - either Sole Proprietor or Limited Liability Company.
Take Note: If our partner is going to register a business for you for free (which is not free with Registrar General's Department) and design a website for your business too at no cost, is it too much to require that you foot the cost of the hosting? It's obvious those who already have a website for their business already know it's not free to host and/or build a website and may even have paid far more than the subsidised rates being charged by our partner outfit. You don't have to host your business website with our partner, but you must have it to qualify - so you're free to use any other hosting/design provider you want !!
• You must have a business bank account with any of the 23 BoG-regulated universal banks
• You must have a website for your business (Note: Anyone can design your business website for you, but it must be hosted with GhanaStartups.org - You may also opt for for the FREE Website Design offer that comes with hosting your website with this partner. Additionally individuals with no registered business can benefit from the FREE Business Registration being offered by GhanaStartups.org as part of your hosting your business websites with them).
We insist on your business having a website for varied reasons but this one stands tall: prospective clients of ours we will be providing you their project to do will need to know more about your business, your past work and people behind the business and will prefer to have it on a professional website and delivered via whatsapp (as some may want to do) -- sorry, they don't have time for that.
• CV / Profile of all Key Management Staff of your registered business
KEY AREAS WE REQUIRE
Small businesses play a vital role in every project we build and, by investing in their future, we not only strengthen our industry, but also the communities we serve. With each new venture DD undertakes, we identify key areas in which local and small business can contribute.
See here for the full areas we need.
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly complete the online form here, uploading all supporting documentation.